Tropical Summer Fudge Slice
This slice was originally planned to be a summer fudge, that incorporated zesty lime, lemon, pineapple and kiwi that would be off-set slightly by the mellow flavored cantaloupe.
My experiment failed (way too much liquid to solid ratio), however it produced a really unique flavour hit that I had to take advantage of.
Therefore after a scan of my cupboard and a brainstorm of what I could turn this soft fudge into I decided to create a slice.
Add a solid base and some stabilizing elements in the mix and boom a really uniquely flavored, well set and textured slice in a flash.
I do realize Summer concluded 7 days ago, but some Summer fruits are still delicious and juicy sweet.
- 160g sweet plain biscuits (I have used Nice)
- 40g butter
- 180ml condensed milk
- 150g sugar
- 120g butter
- 1 tbsn lemon
- 1 tbsn lime
- 220g white chocolate
- 50g kiwi fruit
- 60g pineapple
- 100g cantaloupe
- 140g flour
- Place the 125g of biscuits in the food processor and blitz until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the biscuit mix and stir to combine.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Pour the biscuit mix into the tin and flatten with the back of a spoon until the mix is compressed and firm, place in the fridge to set.
- Place the condensed milk, sugar and butter in a saucepan on low heat and stir until the mix is glossy and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the zest and turn the heat to medium, stirring until the mix comes away from the side of the pan.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the white chocolate until melted and silky smooth.
- Place the kiwi, pineapple and cantaloupe in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pass the puree through a sieve and stir into the chocolate mix to combine.
- Add the flour and stir until well combine.
- Spoon mix into the tin on top of the biscuit base.
- Place the slice in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the top of the slice is golden brown and the middle is hard on touch.
- Set aside to cool in the tin.
- Once cooled place in the fridge overnight to set completely then cut and serve.
- You will need 1 kiwi fruit, a small can of pineapple pieces and a cantaloupe for this recipe.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.