Lychee Coconut and Lime Yoghurt Sorbet
This recipe has come from a combination of different types of ice-cream and sorbet recipes, where I have then overlayed an interesting twist via the inclusion of yoghurt.
I do experiment quite frequently with yoghurt. I find yoghurt a great versatile ingredient to replace other dairy ingredients with the added bonus of being a little more healthy and providing a brand new flavor to the mix.
I like the idea of making sorbet by blitzing frozen fruit but found that frozen lychees blitzed didn’t really work quite like Banana…
After playing around a little bit I found adding in some yoghurt gave the ideal texture.
Once coconut and lime juice were paired for a smack bang flavor combo explosion I had a delectable sorbet on my hands.
- 450g lychees
- 110g coconut milk
- 95g sugar
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 15ml lime juice
- 2 + ½ tsn lime zest
- Place the lychees into a food processor with the coconut milk and blitz until the mix is smooth and silky.
- Pour the mix into a saucepan with the sugar and stir on a medium heat until the mix bubbles. Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the yoghurt, desiccated coconut, lime juice and lime zest into a bowl and whisk until well combine.
- Pour the lychee mix into the yoghurt mix and stir until combine.
- Place the mix into the food processor again and blitz for 1 minute.
- Pour the mix into an ice-ream machine and churn accordingly.
- Place the mix into a container in the fridge until your ready to serve.
- If you do not have an ice-cream machine that is fine just transfer the mix each hour, 3 times into the food processor and blitz before placing the mix back in the frezzer to set.
- I used 2 x 565g cans of lychees for this recipe to get the 450g of actual lychees.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.