I know chai syrup is hardly rare/unusual/peculiar, so you ask why is this recipe on this website? It may not be a unique but it took a lot of attempts to get the ingredient ratio to perfection.
- 300g water
- 150g sugar
- Pinch saffron threads
- 1 tsn vanilla essences
- 2 tsn chai powder
- 1 star anise
- Place the water, sugar, saffron, vanilla, chai powder and star anise into a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring the saucepan to the boil on high, whisking to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Once boiled reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Take off the heat and remove the star anise from the syrup.
- Place the saucepan back on the stove on a high heat for 10 minutes or until reduced and syrupy in consistency.
- Ideal to drizzle over vanilla ice-cream or over a plain cake to turn the bland to sensational!