Ricotta Ice-Cream with Burnt Salted Caramel
This recipe was actually created from taking 2 of my former recipes (my Cheese Ice-Cream Cake and my Churros Chocolate Caramel Cake) and to an extent combining them together.
From these former recipes, my ricotta ice-cream is absolutely amazing and my caramel sauce the perfect consistency, taste and texture.
This ice-cream can be enjoyed with pudding or cake etc, or as the star of its own show.
Moreish, quick, super easy and impressive this treat will impress!
- 450g ricotta cheese
- 300ml sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tsn vanilla extract
- 450ml thickened cream
- 60ml liquor (optional, I used butterscotch schnapps)
- 100g white sugar
- 15ml water
- 90ml cream
- 35g brown sugar
- 1/8 tsn ground salt
- In a food processor blitz the cheese, condensed milk and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk the cheese mix and cream with electric beaters in a bowl until peaks form.
- Stir the 60ml of liquor into the cheese mix until well combined.
- Spoon the cheese mix into a tin and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm.
- Meanwhile make the caramel by placing the white sugar and water into a saucepan on a high heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Now leave the mix without stirring until the sugar syrup is a golden brown colour, take off the heat.
- Add the brown sugar, salt and cream to the sugar syrup mix and stir with a metal spoon until the caramel is smooth and glossy, leave aside to cool completely.
- Once the caramel is cooled fold through the ice-cream and place the ice-cream back into the freezer to completely set.
- Scoop and enjoy!
- Step 5
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews