Chocolate Ricotta Cheese Pudding with Ricotta Ice-Cream
Recently I needed to make a gluten free pudding for a dinner party, however I didn’t want to use a gluten-free flour as I wanted a really really fluffy texture, almost like a soufflé lightness and from my experience gluten-free flour tends to produce a bit of a denser texture.
Therefore, I ventured into the kitchen and did some experimenting with a range of alternative base ingredients. Surprisingly (almost bizarrely) the ricotta experiment produced the most amazingly light texture that just melts in the mouth.
Keeping with the ricotta theme I completed the dish with my always successful crowd pleasing ricotta ice-cream.
This recipe is super moreish but not too sweet thanks to the dark chocolate and limited sugar in the pudding.
- 450g ricotta cheese
- 300ml sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tsn vanilla extract
- 450ml thickened cream
- 60ml vanilla flavored liquor (optional)
- 40ml thickened cream
- 20ml milk
- 160g dark chocolate
- 220g ricotta
- 15g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsn coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsn salt
- 80g sugar
- 100g dark chocolate
- 180ml thickened cream
- 20g butter
- Preheat the oven to 180c degrees.
- In a food processor blitz the cheese, condensed milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk the cheese mix and cream with electric beaters in a bowl until peaks form.
- Stir the liquor until well combined and place in a bowl in the freezer to completely set.
- To make the pudding place the cream and milk into a bowl and heat in the microwave until steaming.
- Add the chocolate in pieces to the milk mix and stir until silky smooth and well combined.
- Place the chocolate mix, ricotta, cocoa powder and coffee granules into a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites and add the yolks to the chocolate mix, blitz until smooth and well combine.
- Place the egg whites into a bowl along with the salt and beat until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar to the eggwhites and beat for 5 minutes or until the mix is glossy and smooth.
- Fold the chocolate mix into the eggwhites until only just combined.
- For the sauce, place the cream into a bowl and heat in the microwave until steaming.
- Add the chocolate pieces to the cream and stir until silky smooth and well combined.
- Add the 20g of extra butter, melted, to a pudding bowl and roll the bowl around to ensure all slides are covered in butter.
- Pour the pudding mix into the bowl and cook in the oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
- Spoon the pudding into serving bowls, top with the chocolate sauce and a scoop of the ricotta ice-cream.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews