Spiked Oat Peanut and Chocolate Cookies
These cookies came from me experimenting with cookie ‘sandwich’ biscuit recipes. I made a few patches of a range of varying flavor combinations where to list a few includes; peanut butter, almond, coconut, lime, butterscotch, caramel, Kahlua, chocolate…and the list goes on. The aim of making all the variations was to (a) have fun playing around with flavor pairings, but ultimately (b) I wanted to make up an epic recipe for a friends birthday to take to her gathering.
The best mix was peanut butter, chocolate and coconut with the addition of Kahlua to enhance and amplify the chocolate flavor, in which that it did!
This recipe you can say is not as out there as others I have made, BUT these cookies are pretty darn amazingly tasty.
- 160g butter
- 160g sugar
- 90g peanut butter
- 45ml Kahlua
- 150g plain flour
- 65g desiccated coconut
- 1/8 tsn salt
- 105g Oat bran
- 300g dark chocolate
- 30ml cream
- 90g peanut butter
- 60g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 160c degrees and line a 30 x 30cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters whisk the soft butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and Kahlua and beat until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and add in the coconut, oats and salt. Stir to combine.
- Wet hands and roll mix into 15g balls, placing on the tray with 5cm between each ball.
- Once all balls are done use the back of a spoon to slightly flatten.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes then place on a cooling rack until cooled.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling place the chocolate with the cream in a bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals stirring in between until melted and smooth.
- Set the chocolate aside in the fridge for 30 mins of until the chocolate is at a spreadable consistency (similar to peanut butter)
- Spread each cooled biscuit on the baked side down with the chocolate mix.
- On half the biscuits drop a small amount of peanut butter into the center of the biscuit on top of the ganache.
- Sandwich the biscuits together.
- Roll each of the biscuits on their side into the extra desiccated coconut and roll to cover all the chocolate filling until all biscuits are done.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.