Grape Jelly Melting Moments
You may have noticed if you read my blog frequently that I use jelly crystals for flavoring very often from home-made fondant to cheesecakes. So when I wanted to make my never-fail-always complemented melting moments recipe with a twist and unusual flavor of course my first thought was to use jelly crystals for this and use the crystals to replace the sugar in the biscuits.
After reviewing the jelly isle in the supermarket I landed on purple grape as my chosen flavor (blue heaven, bubblegum and creamy soda have already featured in my past recipes).
After some tweaking and playing around with the recipe I was able to get the ratios perfect and created a brand new deliciously tasting biscuit.
- 150g butter
- 64g custard powder
- 60g jelly crystals
- 160g flour
- 1 tsn baking powder
- 80g butter
- 140g icing sugar
- 50g jelly crystals
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c degrees and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the butter and jelly crystals in a bowl and using electric beaters whisk until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add the custard powder and whisk until combine.
- Add the flour and baking powder and using a spoon stir until the mix until well combined.
- Roll the mix into balls of 20g each and place on the tray.
- Press each ball with the back of a fork and place in the oven for 16 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place biscuits on a cooling rack until cold.
- Meanwhile make the icing by placing the ingredients into a bowl and whisk using electric beaters until well combined.
- Spoon the icing onto half the biscuits on the bottom side and sandwich with the remaining biscuits.
- Dust with a little icing sugar and enjoy.
Like this recipe? Please subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.