Sticky Coconut Malibu Lime Mini cakes
So you may have noticed this recipe is not really unusual like my usual recipes. Coconut, Lime and Rum are all tropical flavors that make sense together.
Why this recipe makes it to my website is because it’s the first time I have made a recipe with Malibu that has really excited me. Yes I bake with alcoholic liquors quite often, especially rum, however Malibu is not a common baking liquor. Also, and most importantly this recipe is so extremely amazing and exceeded my expectations so much I just had to share it.
I’m very much a chocoholic, but this recipe had me opting for these mini cakes over a chocolate cake!
- 125g butter
- 200g white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsn rum essence
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsn baking powder
- 85g coconut cream
- 1 tbsn lime zest
- 125g sugar
- 110ml lime juice
- 55ml Malibu liquor
- 145ml water
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 36 raspberries or half a pomegranate
- 12 mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160c degrees and place 12 cupcake patties into a 12 capacity cupcake tin.
- Using electric beaters whisk the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating in between each addition.
- Add the rum essence and beat.
- Add the coconut to the mix and beat.
- Add the flour and baking powder through the sieve.
- Add the coconut cream and lime zest, stir until combine.
- Oil the cupcake patties with oil spray and pour the mix into the cases.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean.
- Place the cakes onto a cooling rack to cool.
- To make the syrup place the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Bring the temperature down to medium and allow to cook until the mix thickens to a syrup consistency.
- Pour the syrup evenly over the cakes.
- Place the coconut onto a tray and in the oven until slightly browned.
- Sprinkle the coconut on the top of the cakes.
- Top with 1 mint leave (optional) and 3 raspberries OR 4-5 pomegranate seeds per cake.
- Step 8
- Step 9
- Step 12
- Step 16
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.