Bourbon Cola Chocolate Cupcakes
If you’re a frequent visitor to this blog you will be well aware that I have a habit of baking with liquors or alcoholic beverages. Additionally, I have baked with soft drinks, even used melted ice-cream as the wet element in the cake batters. Cola has featured in my recipes before on this blog and bourbon in a few recipes. However, I have never used these ingredients in a recipe together. So after having a bourbon and cola mixed drink left over from pre-drinks I decided to use the pre-mixed can in a recipe. To add an extra layer to this I opted for an ingredient that I knew worked amazingly with both of these flavours, being, dark chocolate.
From here the bourbon cola chocolate cupcakes were born.
- 210g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1 + ½ tsn bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsn baking powder
- 180g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2oog buttermilk
- 210ml bourbon and cola drink
- 90g butter, melted
- 1 tsn vanilla essence
- 255g icing sugar
- 40g butter
- 60ml bourbon and cola drink
- ½ tsn salt
- Preheat oven to 180c degrees and line a 12-capacity cupcake tin with cupcake patties.
- Add all the wet ingredients into a bowl and beat with electric beater on medium for 1 minute.
- Then add all the dry ingredients via a sieve and beat with an electric beater on medium for 2 minutes until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the patties and bake for 20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes onto a wire cooling rack.
- To make the icing place the ingredients into a bowl and beat from 2 minutes with electric beaters or until light and fluffy.
- Place the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe onto each cupcake.
Like this recipe? Please subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.