Chai White Chocolate and Vanilla Cheesecakes
This recipe was inspired by wanting to make a super-fast, super easy and fuss free cheesecake. Instead of blitzing biscuits and butter for the base (which I know is already easy) I used a round whole cream filled vanilla biscuit and placed it into a cupcake patty. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
Milk chocolate and chai is a standard flavor combo these days, so for something different I opted for white chocolate and vanilla as the complementary flavors to the chai. This allows for a subtle sweet milky hit at the end of the chai flavor.
Fridge-set means no oven required and the only equipment you need are electric beaters.
The chai is the standout in this recipe, that has a beautiful and delicate after-tone.
- 12 round vanilla cream filled biscuits
- 200g white chocolate
- 200ml Cream
- 3 tsn gelatin
- 4 tbsn water
- 240g chai powder
- 500g cream cheese
- 3 tsn vanilla essence
- 20g icing sugar
- 200ml thickened cream
- 3 tsn vanilla essence
- Line a 12 hole cupcake tin with cupcake patties.
- Place one biscuit in the base of each patty.
- Place the white chocolate and 120ml cream in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the cream just starts to steam.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the mix is smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the 4 tbsn of water with the gelatin and whisk until smooth, place in the microwave for 30 seconds and whisk ensuring all gelatin is dissolved and smooth.
- Place the cream-cheese, 80g thickened cream, vanilla and chai powder into a bowl and beat with electric beaters until just combine.
- Add the chocolate mix and the gelatin mix to the cheese mix and beat until just combine.
- Pour the mix into the cupcake patties over the biscuits until the patty is almost completely full.
- Place the tin into the fridge and leave to set overnight for best results (otherwise 4 hours).
- Meanwhile add the topping ingredients into a bowl and using electric beaters beat until peaks form.
- Once the cheesecake is set use a star nozzle and piping bag filled with the topping cream and pipe on the top of the cakes.
- Sprinkle with extra chai powder and biscuit crumbs and enjoy.
- Step 2
- Step 7
- Step 8
- Step 11
- Step 12
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.