You may recall that I have opted for some interesting flavour enhancers in the past that range from using Jelly to Red Skins to Coca-Cola.
One thing I realized that would add a pack of flavour that I am yet to explore is cordial.
For something different I ventured through my supermarket to find a cordial flavour that would be unusual and provide a flavour hit that I have not yet posted previously on.
99% of the cordials in the market are the stock standard…lime & lemon, orange & mango, raspberry & apple, blackcurrant… however I did come across a Peach Iced Tea flavour cordial. Peach is one ingredient that I haven’t yet made a recipe post on (its hard to get this flavour at a robust level to be the hero flavour of a recipe).
Therefore make up a recipe for a Peach iced tea cordial cake I did and after a bit of trial and finessing the goods were delivered.
- 80g butter
- 200g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsn vanilla
- 160ml peach iced tea cordial
- 220ml milk
- 290g flour
- 1 tsn baking powder
- ½ tsn bi carbonate of soda
- ½ tsn salt
- 40g butter
- 360g icing sugar
- 80ml peach iced tea cordial
- Pre-heat oven to 175c degrees and line a 25cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating in-between each addition.
- Add the vanilla and beat until combine.
- In a bowl mix the milk and cordial.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, powder, soda and salt.
- On a low spread beat the milk mix and the dry mix in alternation until just combine.
- Pour the mix into the cake tin and bake for 35 minutes of until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- To make the icing beat the ingredients with electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Once the cake is cooked leave in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Cut the cake in half horizontally and spread the icing on top of both cake layers.
- Place one layer on top of the other and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.