Healthy Chocolate Mousse Tart
Yep, you read that correctly. No cream, sugar or butter naughtiness. The only ingredient in this that makes it a chocolate mousse technically is the chocolate!
Introducing the high protein, low GI, (depending on the yoghurt brand you use) healthy (low fat) chocolate mouse.
Now this recipe is for a mousse, however the last time I made this I placed the mousse into a sweet short crust tart shell and not one person realised that it wasn’t a full fat chocolate naughty tart.
Such a simple recipe you will never go back to a cream based mousse again!
- 200g dark chocolate
- 350g soft silken tofu, drained
- 2 tsn vanilla essence
- 1/8 tsn almond essence
- ½ cup fat free plain yoghurt
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on medium in the microwave for 1 minute or until the chocolate starts to melt slightly. With a metal spoon stir until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Place the tofu and essence in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate and process until combined and smooth.
- Pour mix into a bowl with yoghurt and fold to combine.
- Pour mix into a read made short crust pastry shell (see notes) and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- As mentioned I bough a sweet crust already made pastry shell for this. All I did was follow the directions on the pack and once cooled placed the mousse into the shell and then refrigerated.
- You can also decorate with a cup of mixed berries to serve or with some shaved chocolate curls.
- For more information on how to make the pastry shell please see my spiced pumpkin pie recipe for details on 3 how to make the pastry from scratch.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.