This recipe doesn’t feature any usual ingredients (apart from baking with popcorn, which is a little off-center). However the texture of this slice is very interesting and we all know that you can’t go wrong with chocolate and caramel.
- 250g butternut snap biscuits
- 175g butter
- 395 sweetened condensed milk
- 40g salted popcorn
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 185g milk chocolate
- Line a 25cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Process the biscuits and 125g melted butter until combined. Press the mix into the cake tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the condensed milk and 30g butter in a pan on the stove stirring over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the mix turns to caramel.
- Take off the heat and add in the popcorn and coconut stirring quickly.
- Transfer the mix into the cake tin and press with wet hands to flatten.
- Melt the chocolate with 20g butter until you have a smooth consistency then pour over the popcorn layer.
- Place back in the fridge for 30 minutes, cut and serve.
- For a more intense chocolate flavor you can use chocolate biscuits instead of butternut snap biscuits.
- This recipe does not involve an oven only a fridge to set.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.