Steamed Rice Ginger Citrus Cantaloupe Pudding
Ok so this recipe sounds boring and bland but i’ll tell you what, the taste and texture blew my mind.
The texture was so interesting and addictive, unlike any cake that I have had before. So delicate and melt in your mouth with the beautiful cantaloupe flavour. For a while I have been trying to product a cake that heroes cantaloupe and not until now have I make up a recipe where the cantaloupe flavour was not over powered and really sung.
Honey, citrus, ginger and cantaloupe = a delicious flavour combo.
- 145g sugar
- 160g rice flour
- 1 tsn vanilla essence
- 240g cantaloupe flesh, diced
- 60g honey
- ½ tsn ground ginger
- 1/8 salt
- 1 tsn lemon and lime zest
- 120g cantaloupe flesh, diced
- 20ml honey
- ½ tsn lime and lemon zest
- 1/8 tsn ground ginger
- 30ml water
- 50g palm sugar
- Spray 4 x 200ml cake moulds with oil spray.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170c degrees and place water into a roasting pan until it reaches 1/3 up the side of the pan (waterbath technique).
- Place the sugar, rice flour, vanilla, cantaloupe, honey, ginger, salt and citrus zest in a food processor and blitz until smooth and well combine.
- Pour the cake batter into the 4 ramekin moulds, 150ml in each.
- Place all the ramekin moulds into the baking dish, ensuring no water gets into the moulds and the water is just over half way up the side of the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle just comes out clean. Do not over cook, the top should only just be set.
- Meanwhile to make the syrup, place all the syrup ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth and well combine.
- Pour the syrup into a saucepan and stir on a high heat, allowing the mix to boil for 1 minute.
- Pass the syrup through a sieve and leave aside to cool.
- Leave the ramekins moulds on a cooling tray for 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
- Place some additional pieces of cantaloupe over each pudding and pour the cooled syrup over the top, enjoy!
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.