Natural Rice Almond and Coconut Muffins
Gluten free, process-free, butter-free and natural sugar…sound too good to be true? OR too good to taste delicious? Think again.
Processed flour is not even missed in this recipe as the almond meal and rice flour produce just as good a result.
The honey and dates provide a scrumptious sweetness, while the yoghurt adds some lovely creaminess.
Add to the flavour coconut with a pinch of cinnamon and vanilla and you have yourself a moreish, nutritiously healthy, satisfying, tasty treat that can be eaten anytime throughout the day.
- 130g rice flour
- 90g almond meal
- 35g desiccated coconut
- 1 + ½ tsn baking powder
- ½ tsn ground cinnamon
- 30g brown sugar
- ¼ tsn salt
- 70g dried dates
- 200ml vanilla yoghurt
- 50g coconut oil
- 40g honey
- ½ tsn vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 40g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c degrees and spray a medium sized (12-capacity) muffin tin with oil spray.
- Place the rice flour, almond meal, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and salt into a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the mix.
- Place the dates, yoghurt, coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a food processor and blitz until the dates are pureed through the mix.
- Add the eggs and blitz for 1 minute.
- Pour the blitzed mix into the dry mix. Fold until all ingredients are just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place the muffins on a cooling tray to cool completely.
- Meanwhile place the chocolate in a sealable plastic bag then in the microwave on medium heat until the chocolate just starts to melt.
- Cut the tip off the corner of the bag and squeeze chocolate over the muffins in a zig zag pattern.
- Allow to set then enjoy!
- Step 3
- Step 6
- Step 6
- Step 7
- Step 8
- Step 11
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.