Tiramisu Cottage Cheese and Yoghurt Ice-Cream
I’ve dabbled with using frozen fruits, yoghurts and varying cheeses as base alternatives to the usually high fat and sometimes not even dairy ice-cream in the past.
So I decided to combine my favourite dessert, Tiramisu, with my 3 go to ice-cream alternative products.
After a bit of trial and error I landed on banana for the fruit (unsurprisingly), natural yoghurt (not Greek, this won’t work with the flavour mix) and cottage cheese (Ricotta was a close second).
The outcome – this recipe is a must for all Tiramisu lovers that want to indulge but want low fat. In fact, apart from a little chocolate and sugar this recipe is natural, satisfying and super healthy.
- 4 Bananas, frozen (300g flesh)
- 3 + ½ tsn coffee granules
- 20ml water
- 60g low fat cottage cheese
- 140g natural low fat yoghurt
- 85ml Masala
- 60g icing sugar
- generous pinch of salt
- 70g white chocolate
- 30g dark (70%) chocolate, finely chopped
- Place the bananas in the microwave until just slightly softened.
- Peel the banana’s and place in a bowl.
- Boil the water and add the coffee granules, stir. Set aside to cool.
- Add the banana, coffee, cheese, yoghurt, Masala, sugar and salt into a food processor and blitz until combine.
- Melt the while chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 30 second bursts until just melted.
- Pour the while chocolate into the mix and blitz again until well combine.
- Add the dark chocolate and stir until combine.
- Pour the mix into a bowl and place in the freezer for 4 hours to set completely.
- When ready to serve take the ice-cream out of the freezer, scoop and enjoy.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.