Ok so technically butter cream takes 20 minutes of beating using shortening AND butter, essence, milk and confectioners sugar (not icing sugar). However for the home baker the below will definetly suffice.
- 90g butter
- ¼ tsn of your choice of essence
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsn milk
- Beat the butter and essence in a bowl with electric beaters for a min of 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the sifted icing sugar and milk.
- If you want the icing to be coloured you can add a few drops of coloring in when you add in the sugar and milk.
- I do recommend you add in the essence as butter cream is quite bland without it, even if it is just vanilla…cherry…orange..strawberry…chocolate…mmm.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.