Apple Jelly and Peanut Oat Cheesecake Slice
Apple is a really interesting ingredient to bake with, it is actually quite a difficult ingredient to hero as a key flavor in desserts.
However, as I still have not accomplished a killed apple unusual treat I was determine to succeed in a bake thus hit the kitchen for some experimenting.
In my experimenting one combo I came up with that I thought would be the winner was the pecan lavender lemon and apple cake, however it was the flavor combo of cinnamon apple peanut oats and caramel that exceeded expectations.
After playing around with this flavor combo with different textures I ended up featuring the nuts oats and spice in a base for a crunch, created a peanut cheesecake for the filling, an apple jelly for an addition textural layer and caramel cream for indulgence.
- 105g flour
- 30g peanuts
- 105g butter
- 90g brown sugar
- 60 oatbran
- 1 + 1/2 tsn ground cinnamon
- 1 + 1/2 tsn gelatin
- 2 tbsn water
- 280g cream cheese
- 75g brown sugar
- 1 + 1/2 tsn vanilla
- 210g peanut butter
- 50ml cream
- 350ml freshly squeezed apple juice
- 75g brown sugar
- 1 + 1/2 tsn lemon juice
- 2 tsn gelatin
- 190ml thickened cream
- 1 tsn ground cinnamon
- 45g brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c degrees and line a 30cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place all the base ingredients into a food processor and blitz until the mix is combine and balls up on the side of the mixer.
- Spoon the mix into the cake tin and using the back of a spoon flatten out for even coverage.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is slightly golden, leave aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the cheesecake layer by placing the boiling water with the gelatin and whisking with a fork until dissolved.
- Place the gelatin mix, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and peanut butter into a bowl and beat with electric beaters until fluffy and well combine.
- Add the cream to the mix and beat until just combine.
- Remove the cooled oat base layer and baking paper from the tin and spray the tin with oil spray.
- Cut 2mm off the base from 2 opposite sides.
- Place 2 sheets of cling wrap over each other with the oat base layer in the center and lift the base back in the tin with the clingwrap overflowing the sides of the tin.
- Pour the cheesecake mix on top of the oat base layer and even the mix out with a spoon.
- Place the slice in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- To make the jelly add the freshly squeezed apple juice, sugar and lemon into a bowl and heat in the microwave until hot to touch.
- Add the gelatin to the apple mix and stir until the gelatin is dissolved, leave aside until cooled completely.
- Pour the apple mix over the cheesecake layer and leave in the fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Lastly, beat the cream, cinnamon and sugar until peaks form.
- Spread the cream over the set jelly layer and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- To serve, pull the cling wrap up to lift the slice from the tin, remove the cling wrap and place the slice on a plate.
- Cut the slice into squares.
- Step 2
- Step 4
- Step 5
- Step 11
- Step 14
- Step 15
- Step 16
- Step 17
- Step 18
- Step 18
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.