Coconut Lime and Peanut Bites
Coconut, lime and peanuts…when you say this combo to most people they envisage adding some soya sauce and chilli and ‘boom’ you have a homemade satay sauce!
So we know these flavors work together, who says that they need to only work together in a savoury sense. All 3 of these key ingredients are used in sweet dishes just as much as savoury.
I contemplated what format this sweet treat would work best in, a cake, slice, biscuits, flan, ice-cream, you name it. In the end I decided to play with a few options and ended up happiest with coconut lime and peanut balls.
These little treats are really moreish with a lovely lime tang, while the coconut adds a tropical undertone and the peanut butter brings it all together.
- 240g plain sweet biscuits
- 45g desiccated coconut
- 220g condensed milk
- 4 tsn lime zest
- 60g peanut butter
- 1 tsn coconut essence
- 40g peanuts
- Place the biscuits, coconut, milk, zest, peanut butter and essence in a food processor and blitz until a dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into 25g balls.
- Place the peanuts into the food processor until fine like breadcrumbs.
- Roll the balls into the peanuts then place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.