Fondant icing is not so much an icing per say, more of a modeling ingredient to make edible decorations on cakes. However, you can roll the fondant out with a rolling pin and cover the cake if you are looking for a ‘traditional wedding cake’ decorative look.
- 2 tsn gelatin
- 1 + ½ tbs water
- 2 tsn glucose syrup
- 1 + ½ cups icing sugar
- Place the water in a small saucepan on simmer. Sprinkle the gelatin and whisk until the gelatin dissolves. Add the glucose.
- Place half the sifted icing sugar in a bowl and stir in the gelatin mix.
- Now add in the remaining icing sugar.
- Pre dusted a surface with icing sugar and knead the icing until smooth.
- Place in plastic wrap until you wish to use.
- You can add in colour if you wish when you add in the glucose.
- In addition, if you want a specific flavor you can omit ¼ tsn of water and replace with your preferred essence.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.