Peanut and Raspberry Ricotta Cheesecake
So often when I come across ricotta cheesecake recipes they seem to have more cream cheese, mascarpone or cream than they do ricotta. So I decided to make a ricotta cheesecake with ricotta and no other cream or cheese inclusions.
For the flavour, I actually played around with many different fruits and flavors but found the texture always ended up too soft or the ricotta flavour overpowered the fruits flavors. Therefore, I ended up opting for ingredients that were thick in texture and strong in flavour. Now, you may recall in the past I have posted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich slice recipe which was one of my first experiments with the peanut and fruit flavour combo’s. This combo worked very well, was strong and as I used peanut butter and jam the mix would not thin the ricotta out too much. The outcome a very satisfying, creamy, tasty RICOTTA cheesecake! In fact, my father actually told me this was the best cake I have made! On top of this it is super easy to make with only 7 steps!
- 210g plain sweet biscuits
- 85g butter
- 90ml milk
- 1 tbsn gelatine powder
- 500g ricotta
- 90ml golden syrup
- 240g raspberry jam
- 150g peanut butter
- 175g condensed milk
- Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits and butter melted in a food processor and blitz until the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Press the mix into the bottom of a cake tin and press with fingertips until the base is firm.
- Place the tin in the fridge to firm.
- Heat the milk in the microwave until bubbling then sprinkle the gelatine in the milk. Wisk with a small hand whisk until the gelatine is well combine and no lumps. Leave mix aside to cool slightly.
- Using electric beaters whisk the ricotta with the condensed milk until; smooth and creamy.
- Pour the milk mix into the ricotta mix along with the peanut butter and jam and beat to a smooth consistency. Whisk until well combine then pour the mix onto of the base and place in the fridge to set for 3 hours. Then remove the cake from the tin and serve.
- I have decorated with crushed peanuts and fresh raspberries.
Like this recipe? Subscribe via RSS or email to get my new entries and more scrumptious recipes with reviews.